Istanbul: Topkapı Palace (Harem)
Courtyard of the Eunuchs. The Courtyard of the Eunuchs is located at the entrance of the Harem section of the Topkapı Palace. The Eunuchs were the guards who protected the most private part of the palace. In the back in the main entrance to the living quarters of the sultan and his family. The Imperial Harem is the section of the Topkapı Palace where the most private apartments of the sultan are located. The Harem was home to the sultan's mother, the concubines and wives of the sultan, and…
Abdülmecid Efendi Şehzadeliği Sırasında
Sultan Abdul majeed (29 May 1868 – 23 August 1944), last Sunni Caliph of Islam from the Ottoman Dynasty, nominally the 37th Head of the Ottoman Imperial House from 1922 to 1924. Shown with Princess Durru Shehvar and the other princesses.
Istanbul: Topkapı Palace (Baghdad Kiosk)
The Baghdad Kiosk in the Fourth Courtyard was built to commemorate the 1638 Baghdad Campaign of Sultan Murad IV (1612-1640). The façade is covered with marble, strips of porphyry and verd antique. The interior is an example of an ideal Ottoman room. The recessed shelves and cupboards are decorated with early 17th century green, yellow and blue tiles. The cupboards and window panels decorated with mother-of-pearl and tortoise shells as well as fine 17th century tile.
The Imperial Council (Dîvân-ı Hümâyûn) building is the chamber in which the ministers of state, council ministers (Dîvân Heyeti), the Imperial Council, consisting of the Grand Vizier (Paşa Kapısı), viziers, and other leading officials of the Ottoman state, held meetings. It is also called Kubbealtı, which means "under the dome", in reference to the dome in the council main hall. It is situated in the northwestern corner of the courtyard next to the Gate of Felicity.
Turkish carpet and interior of the Harem Room Topkapi Palace, Istanbul