Here are 5 everyday rituals you can plan/track in your planner that will help keep you grounded and feeling recharged
1. Morning routine: make yourself a hot drink, step outside, exercise, or just drink an entire glass of water. Pick things that are easy and enjoyable. It definitely helps to have a routine when you get out of bed to help your day start smoothly
2. Afternoon walk: getting outside will give your brain a break! You can listen to a podcast, do breathing or visual meditations, or just smell the air while you sit on a bench.
3. Making dinner: follow a recipe and keep everything neat and clean. This will help you gain a feeling of control and competence, which is the best way to end your day! You’ll also save money and eat healthier.
4. Bedtime routine: this can be anything from reading a book before going to bed, to writing in your journal, memory planning in your planner, or performing your skincare routine. It’s important to signify to your brain that is almost time to go to sleep.
5. Sunday planner session: pick a time, grab a snack, and plan out your week! This will help with the Sunday scaries, you’ll feel more prepared for the week, and you’ll be able to insert your other rituals into your plans.
Rituals are important for everyone! Teachers, academics, parents, small business owners, entrepreneurs, children, and adults.