सिर्फ दूध और चीनी से दानेदार मिल्क केक | Halwai Style Milk Cake/ Alwar Ka Mawa | Kunal Kapur Recipes
Published on July 23, 2022
Cook Time: 45 minutes
(Makes - 600gms)
- •Milk (full fat) - 2lts
- •Vinegar - 10ml or 2tsp
- •Sugar - 200gms or 1cup
- •Ghee - 2tbsp
- •Heat the milk and bring it to a boil. Using a flat spoon keep stirring and scraping the sides and bottom. Once the milk is reduced to about 50% add in vinegar and stir. Keep stirring and cooking so that there is a formation of a grain (dana) in the milk.
- •Remember we do not want the milk to split completely and become cheese but splits enough to start separating the milk solids in the form of grains.
- •Cook for another 10mins and add half the sugar. After the other 10mins add the rest of the sugar and ghee. Cook till the liquid evaporates and the milk solids start to come together.
- •The colour of the milk cake at this stage will start turning red as the sugar will start to caramelise. The more you cook the more fudge, nutty and brown milk cake you will get. The choice is entirely yours on what degree of browning you need.
- •Once the mixture gets tighter with specks of ghee oozing our turn off the heat. Take the milk cake out on a greased pan that is at least 1 inch in height. Let it cool completely and then cut into squares or bars and serve.