Crispy Potato Pillows🥔- Amazing snack for a get together😍- Follow 4 more😊
• 1 Pot For boiling and deep frying
• 1 Fork
• 2 Large Potatoes about 300g
• 2 tbsp Glutinous Rice Flour all purpose flour also works
• 1 tbsp Cornstarch/Potato Starch
• 1/3 tsp Salt
• 1/3 tsp Pepper
• 4 cup Cooking Oil Vegetable oil, corn oil, or canola oil
• 1 tsp Chili Powder Optional
• Some Ketchup Optional
• Wash the potatoes. Make a shallow cut around the waist of each potato. With this step we can easily peel off the potato skin after.
• Boil the potatoes for at least 30 minutes until the potatoes turn soft.
• Transfer the potatoes into iced water. Peel off the potato skins easily with your hands! (It's similar to the egg peeling trick. We soak boiled eggs in iced water so that we can peel off the eggshells much easier.)
• Mash the potatoes with a garlic press, a fork, or a potato ricer.
• Mix mashed potato with glutinous rice flour, cornstarch/potato starch, salt & black pepper. Knead the mashed potatoes into a dough.
• Separate the dough into two portions. Roll each dough into a log and cut into pillow like shape. Use a fork to make a gnocchi-like pattern.
• Heat up 4 cups of cooking oil in a pot over medium heat for 5 minutes; deep fry the potato pillows for 5 minutes until they turn light golden; take them out of the pot.
• Heat up the cooking oil over high heat for 3 minutes; deep fry the potato pillows for another 30 more seconds until they turn golden brown; take them out of the pot.
• Serve with chili pepper power, ketchup, BBQ sauce…
• Instead of peeling the potatoes after cooked, you can also peel them with a peeler when they are raw, cut them into small chunks, then steam them over high heat for 20 minutes until soft.
• You can use whatever you like to mash the potatoes, it doesn't have to be a garlic press.
• The double frying technique is necessary when we want a crispy outside and a creamy inside.