Similar ideas popular now
Located in Shreveport, La. It was built in 1905 by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The base of the monument consists of the heads of Robert E. Lee, P.G.T Beauregard, Stonewall Jackson and Henry Watkins Allen. It also includes Clio, who is pointing to the word “love” on the monument. The monument has sparked controversy in recent years and was voted to be removed in 2017. However in July 2020, it was not removed but instead protected by a box then moved to private property a month later.
Fort Humbug, Log Cannon in Shreveport, Louisiana. Federal spies reported that Shreveport was heavily armed with cannons, and Admiral Porter and General Nathaniel Banks, who believed this, turned around. General John Bankhead McGruder was correct when he described it as nothing but a “humbug.”1 And the name stuck. Fort Humbug was the last stronghold of the Confederacy in Louisiana.