Untitled photo in a harem setting by Abdullah Frères. The Ottoman Armenian brothers Vhichen (1820–1902), Hovsep (1830–1908) and Kevork Abdullah (1839–1918) operated a studio in Istanbul from 1858 to 1900, and sold the firm to Sébah and Joaillier. Known by their French name Abdullah frères (Abdullah brothers), they became official royal photographers to the Ottoman Sultan in 1863, and had the right to use the royal monogram.
Inside the harem - a portrait from the 1850s by H. Arnoux. Image